We are temporarily closed until the 20th May; for personal reasons.
Any orders arriving between now and then will be shipped on the 23th May.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
This dish is perfect as an Entrée or lunch. The taste is similar to Janssons Temptation, but a lighter meal.
Kan be prepared before hand or even be frozen.
Ingredients (4 serv.)
50 grams butter
1 deciliter flour
5 deciliters milk (dark blue top)
2 tbsp brine from the anchovy spiced herring
0,5 tsp baking powder
25 grams butter
100 grams tasty cheese
4-5 anchovy spiced herring fillets
dill or parsley
Heat the oven to 200C
Grease baking paper and place in a oven tray with sides.
To make the roll mixture:
1. Split the eggs into 2 bowls, egg whites in one bowl, egg yolk in the other
2. Melt the butter in a pot, add the flour and milk. Stir until smooth and thick.
3. Simmer for approximate 5 minutes and then add the anchovy flavored brine
4. Stir in the egg yolk one at the time. Then add the baking powder.
5. Whisk the egg whites until a firm foam. Gently mix the egg whites with the dough.
6. Pour into the oven tray.Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and firm
Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and firm.
To make the filling:
1. Chop the onion finely. Cook in the butter until soft and translucent.
2. Mix the onions with finely chopped Anchovy spiced herring fillets, half the grated cheese and dill or parsley.
3. Spread the filling onto the baked roll mixture, roll into a roll.
You can now place it in the fridge or freezer until ready to oven bake and serve.
4. Heat the oven to 250C
5. Add the rest of the cheese on top of the roll.
6. Oven bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is golden brown.
Serve with a green salad.