Welcome to another edition of our monthly newsletter. In this newsletter we have:
- Heaps of new items
- Damaged items
- FREE jar of Discontinued Onion and Carrot Herring with every order (while stock lasts)
- Short Date Sales
- Janssons Day - 28 September
- This Months Featured Product
We've had a very busy week unpacking an updating the website with new exciting stuff (luckily we got to sample a lot as well) that arrived from both Sweden and Denmark. The list is long but I will try to mention all new items:
- New Herrings: Danish Herring from Emborg - Curry Flavoured and SpicedHerring
- Jams and Cordials: Red Currant Gele - ribsgele from Den Danske Fabrik. Bob Strawberry Cordial- Full of flavor made with less sugar taste and more a true strawberry flavor
- New Sides and Sauces: Felix Classical mashed Potato Mix, Tørsleff Mad Kulør, Knorr Bearnaise Sauce and Café de Paris. We have also imported a range of new Danish RemouladeSauces - which is your favourite?
- Sweet Biscuits and Cookies: Danish Kammerjunkere and Swedish Krisprolls - Cardamom (Skogaholm and Finax) and Wholemeal
- Baking Needs: AMO Dark Rye Bread Mix and Wholemeal Bread Mix. Odense Almond Paste and Nougat. Unfortunately the 250g Nougat was damaged during shipping but the 100g is in perfect condition.
We also have Waffle Mix and Raspberry Custard Creme Mix - the taste of summer!
- Bread and Crisp bread: Falu Rågrut is back in stock. New Gluten Free Crispbreads from Semper. And for all you Norwegians out there, finally we have managed to source: Vestlands Lefser.
- Cheese - Soft spread Cheese with: Crayfish, Ham, Shrimp and Reindeer meat.
- Coffee: New flavour Brazil blend - slightly sweet and with low acidity.
- Drinks: Low alcoholic Herrljunga Cider, Pear or Apple Flavour. Swedish Cider - Safe to drink when driving - only 0.7% - and still have that nice festive flavour!
- Snacks: Estrella Dill Chips, Estrella Peanut Rings. Limited edition be quick. Kims Ostepops(Now we haven't tried these yet, but I'm sure the Danes claim they are as good, if not better, than OLW...
- Tinned Food: Meatballs in Creme Sauce, Sibylla Sausages - 2 classical Favourites.
- Drink Essences: Drinkit's Julmust Essence for Soda Stream - Mix with Soda Water for your very own julmust.
Essence for Shots: Swedish Punsch, Turkish Pepper, Blå Fiskar - Mix with Vodka
Essence for Snaps: Danish Bitter, Skane Aquavit and Jubel Aquavit.
- Liquorice: Heede Spejderhagl - 1kg hard liquorice. Heksehyl, Salte Sild, Skolekridt, Haribo Salte Bomber,Toms Liquorice Boats, Raspberry Skulls, Salty Skulls, JätteSalt, Lakrisal, Pingvin Stang: Heksehyl, Salty Raspberry, Sweet liquorice.
- Chocolate Bars: Freia Milk Chocolate - King Size, Freia Kvikk Lunsj - 6pack, Marabou Premium Marzipan, Guld Barre - Milk and Dark, Toms Skildpadder
- Other Candy: Kongen af Danmark, Gele Hallon, Toms mini Skildpadder, Twist Bag, Marabou Love Hearts, Sour Skulls, Pingvin Stang: Sour Wild Strawberry
Unfortunately while loading the truck for delivery the pallet broke and the majority of our Perstorp Vinegar Bottles got smashed.
This resulted in some other items having their packaging drenched in vinegar, but the content still unharmed. We are selling these items at reduced price, with no outer packaging.
FREE jar of Discontinued Onion and Carrot Herring
We are expecting more stock of Herrings to arrive in October and need to clear some space of our shelves. Receive a FREE jar of Carrot and Onion Pickled Herring with every food order - While stock lasts. (Excluding goodie bags)
Short Date Sale:
As always we have some items coming up with Short Best Before date. Please note Best Before Date is different from Expiry Date. For more information see this link.
- Felix Fibre Potato Mash Mix, was $10.50, now $8.50
- Tutti Frutti , was $6.00, now $4.00
- Polly, was $6.50, now $4.50
- Never Stop,was $5.50, now $.4.50
- Center, was $4.00, now $3.00
- Karl Fazer Chocolate Bars,was $5.50, now $4.00
- Salmiakki, was $6.00, now $4.50
- Marabou Chocolate Bar with Daim, was $5.50, now $4.00
For more Short Date Sales and other Bargains, please visit our Bargain Bin
Jansson Day - 28 September
On the last Friday of September Sweden celebrates Jansson Dagen. (Janssons Day) – The day for eating Janssons Frestelse!
This Months Feature Product
Danish Macaroons – A must for your Lagkage (Danish Layer Cake)
Danish Macaroons are slightly different from Swedish macaroons and Danes normally use these for their lagkage - layered cake. This is the secret ingredient missing in Swedish Layered cake (tårta).
I tried to find a god recipe for Danish layer cake, but there are too many and each recipe look so fantastic I can’t pick one. You’ll have to find your own favourite.
As a Swede I have found these macaroons beautiful as they are with my coffee, but also as a great addition to my ‘marängsviss’ (Eton mess).
Whatever you use it for, this is a fantastic product from Danish Karen Volf:
Normally $8.00, Featured Special: $6.00