Welcome to another edition of our monthly newsletter.
School is back and we think that's a good cause for a 20% sale on Skole kridt (liqurice chalk candy)
In this newsletter we have:
- New Stock/Products
- Scandinavian Gathering
- Short Date Sales
- This Months Featured Product
We don't have many new products this month, but have received a new shipment of crispbread, herrings and chocolate, so all stocked up again. Unfortunately our supplier was out of dill herrings, so have not been able to stock up on that yet. However, good news is: new herring flavours coming soon...
Scandinavian festival - Market Day:
Come and visit us at the Market next weekend - We will bring heaps of Scandinavian Favourites! As we can't bring our entire range, to make sure you don't get disappointed -place you order today, choose 'I intend to pickup' as your shipping destination. In the comment field let us know you will pick up at the Scandinavian festival and we will bring your parcel with us.
If you can't make a weekend of it, come along for the day!
For more information, please visit: http://www.scandinavianfestival.org.nz/index.html
This month’s short date sale:
Please note Best Before Date is different from Expiry Date. For more information see this link.
For more Short Date Sales and other Bargains, please visit our Bargain Bin
This month’s featured product:
Blue Fish (Blå Fiskar or Spickesill ) Candy Shot Essence.
Do you remember the 'Blå Fiskar' candy? They are also called Spickesill - a Menthol/Salmiak flavoured hard lolly often used to make Candy Shots. We now have the essence to make the Candy Shot, but can also be used as flavouring for ice cream or why not try these yummy Cupcakes.
This month's Special : was $6.50 - Now $5.00
Blue Fish Cup Cakes
|Ingredients: (12 Cupcakes)
||Blue fish candyshot essence
Cupcakes (alternatively, use your own favorite cupcake recipe):
Blå Fiskar Frosting:
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- Beat the butter, vanilla and sugar together until creamy and pale.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Don't worry if it looks like it is starting to separate - it all turns out the same in the end.
- Sift flour and baking powder into the buttery egg mix and fold in until combined.
- Slowly stir in milk to achieve a soft dropping consistency.
- Spoon evenly into non-stick baking cups, then bake for 15 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched.
- Let cool down before adding the frosting.
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler. Beat the melted chocolate, cream cheese and 'Blue Fish candyshot essence' together. Add food coloring if you which to get extra deep blue colour.
- Decorate the cupcakes with the frosting and your favourite Scandinavian lollies.
- Invite your family and friends - Enjoy!
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook to stay up-to-date with all the latest news and information!
Eva and Sven @ SweNZ Taste