Welcome to another edition of our monthly newsletter.
Easter is nearly here and it's time to enjoy Candy, Candy and more Candy! But for us Scandinavians Easter also includes Herring, Snaps and Påskmust. To make this Easter extra special we have some new Herring flavours and other goodies arriving in a day or two.
In this newsletter we have:
- Easter Shop
- Facebook competition - Easter Giveaway!
- New Stock/Products
- Short Date Sales
- This Months Featured Product
For kids Easter means they will receive their Easter eggs. In Scandinavia this normally is a colourful, egg shaped box, filled with your favourite candy and in some cases smaller gifts.
For adults Easter means celebrating with family and friend. A buffet-style smorgasbord or påskbuffé (paskbuffe) is often served in the Scandinavian countries, which contains the traditional dishes like herring, salmon, meatballs, boiled potatoes and filled eggs. And don't forget the Easter Soda and Aquavit :-)
Our Easter Shop is now open and has everything you need to celebrate Easter.
Don't miss our special on the Jul(Påsk)must, 1.5L, buy 2 or more for $6.00 each!
Facebook competition - Easter Giveaway:
Like us on Facebook and enter our Easter Giveaway. It's as easy as "Like and share" to get in the draw to win a candy filled Easter Egg and a bottle of Easter(Christmas) Soda!
Please note Candy content may differ from picture. Competition open until 24 March. Only availble for people with a New Zealand address.
Last Sunday we received another shipment from Scandinavia and by late Friday we finally got clearance for ALL our products, Unfortunatley this means they didn't get on the truck to Wellington on Friday night. Good news is they are getting on the truck on Monday and will be with us first thing on Tuesday morning. On our customers request we have released the food for purchase and will send the the orders to you ASAP when they arrive on Tuesday.
- Jams and Cordials:
- Baking Needs:
- Carbonate of potash - Oekter Potaske - Potassium carbonate. A common ingredient in Scandinavian baking.
- Øllebrød: a traditional Danish porridge
- Bread and Crispbreads:
- Tinned Food:
- Anthon Berg Easter Eggs: Chocolate, Dragee, Marcipan, Marcipan w Nougat, Bird Chocolate Eggs, Almond Liqurice Eggs
- Haribo: Spejlaeg, Vampires, Liqurice Eggs, Domino, Piratos Large Bag.
- Malaco: Brio Fruit, Brio Fudge, Kanolds Cream Fudge
- Cloetta: Jelly Raspberry, Center Roll, Kex Chocolate
- Konfecta: Filidutter, Kryptonites, Salty Frogs
- Toms: Golden Candy
- Fazer: Kina Puffs
- Bonbon: Lossepladsen
- Carletti: Finnish Liqurice Sweet, Finnish Liqurice Salty
- Marabou - Back in stock:Creamy Nougat, Schweizer Nut, Love Hearts
- Freia:KvickLunsj - 6pack, Kvick Lunsj Single, King size chocolate Bar
This month’s short date sale:
Please note Best Before Date is different from Expiry Date. For more information see this link.
For more Short Date Sales and other Bargains, please visit our Bargain Bin
This month’s featured product:
Pölsa is a traditional Swedish dish, very similar in taste and consistency to Scottish haggis. The main ingredients are liver, heart, onion, pot barley, and often beef mince or minced pork, mixed with stock, black pepper, and marjoram. It is usually served with boiled or fried potatoes, pickled beetroot, and sometimes a fried egg.
The Norwegian and Danish word pølse means sausage and even if the two dishes don't look the same, the two words are related. Pölsa is simply a traditional variety of sausage filling without any casing.
This month's Special : was $12.00 - Now $10.00