Welcome to another edition of our monthly newsletter.
Midwinter is getting closer. The Swedish associations around the country are starting to prepare for their annual Lucia Celebrations. Wellington will have their celebration on the 22nd June and my girls will be there for sure!
In this newsletter we have
- Matariki/Midwinter Specials
- Prepare to fight that cold.
- Just Browsing
- Short Date Sales
- This Months Featured Product
Matariki is nearly here and it's time to invite family and friends to a Midwinter party. We have setup a special Matariki category with everything you need for a true Scandinavian Midwinter feast! And even better - we will deduct 10% off all items on that page during checkout (including already reduced items)!
My family and I are really looking forward to the ski season now. Imagine yourself in the snow, the sun is shining and you are enjoying a nice hot cup of Oboy... Mmmm. Or do you prefer hot blueberry soup when you ski? Well, in our family we have mixed taste so we bring both!
Another "must have" for Norwegian skiers is the Freia Kvikk Lunsj Kex Chocolate - the official Norwegian Ski Trip Chocolate. Buy individually or as 6-pack.
And make sure you bring glögg and gingersnaps - there is nothing better to enjoy for afterski!
Prepare to fight that cold!
Are people around you starting to sneeze? Here are some ideas to fight that cold:
- Rosehip Soup. We all know vitamin C is essential to stay well. Nypon or rose hips are the fruit of wild roses found in Scandinavia. The hips form after the rose petals have fallen off. They are picked when ripe and red and after the first frost in the fall, then carefully dried. Rose hips have a particularly high amount of Vitamin C.
- Elderflower cordial. Elderflower teas and cordial are traditionally used in herbal medicine and it's said the flowers are ideal for colds and influenza. They are also good in aiding hay fever.
- Elderberry cordial. Black elderberry has been used medicinally for hundreds of years. Some preliminary studies demonstrate that elderberry may have a measurable effect in treating the flu, alleviating allergies, and boosting overall respiratory health.At Brunneyby Musteri they highly recommend taking a warm drink of Elderberry Juice when you feel a bit down, to re-energise yourself!
Not sure what you are after? Wish you could have a browse in SweNZ Pantry without clicking around to much? Now you can! To have a browse around and see ALL items in our pantry (in no particular order) please click on this link. (also available at the very end of each shopping page)
This month’s short date sale:
I must admit I didn't think this could happen - but I guess since we have limited our sons intake of his favourite spread - we now have some short date sale of Kalles Kaviar!!
Please note Best Before Date is different from Expiry Date. For more information see this link.
For more Short Date Sales and other Bargains, please visit our Bargain Bin
This month’s featured product:
Beauvais Forloren Skildpadde - Danish Mock Turtle Soup and Beauvais Skipper Labskovs
As mentioned previously we are looking forward to the ski season, and when we're away skiing - dinner should be easy to cook but still delicious!
We couldn't decide between Beauvais Forloren Skildpadde - Danish Mock Turtle Soup or Beauvais Skipper Labskovs so why not have 2 featured products this month :-)
Beauvais' story is the story of an innovative Frenchman who immigrated to Denmark and founded the Danish the first cannery. The name still has a French twist, but it is the Danish flavor that is the real reason behind why Beauvais has evolved into a major supplier to the Danish dining tables.
In Beauvais kitchen they make the dinner dishes following good old-fashioned recipe where the dinner dishes simmer for several hours to get the right taste.
Beauvais only use quality ingredients. They are selected with special care to achieve the best taste. Time and patience is the secret of Beauvais' taste of classic Danish cuisine. They have made it easy for you, so it will only take you a few minutes to prepare Beauvais classic dishes.
Beauvais - God smag – hver dag (Fine taste - every day)!
Beauvais Forloren Skildpadde - Danish Mock Turtle Soup
Beauvais Forloren skildpadde is made from beef that has simmered in soup and vegetables. Then added meat and fish balls and flavoured with sherry. It provides just the right sense of tradition and quality. Serving suggestion: Serve with boiled eggs and rye bread.
Beauvais Skipper Labskovs
Both products was : $16.00 This month Special :$14.00
Skibberlabskovs is still on the menus all over Scandinavia. The dish probably originated in ship kitchens on the oceans, and was originally a porridge. For about a hundred years it has been made of meat and potatoes, and it is from this version Beauvais recipe originated. Serve with rye bread, butter, beetroot and chopped chives on top.