Thanks for visiting SweNZ Taste. Our shop is now closed for the Holidays.
We will open again in the 11 Jan 2021. We thank all our customers for ongoing support.
Have a lovely holiday!
Makes 2 loafs
0.6 litre buttered milk
0.4 litre treacle
2.5 tablespoons baking soda
0.8 litre high grade flour
0.4 litre ryeflour
1 tsp salt
1. Turn on the oven to 180C
2. Butter 2 bread forms (1.5 litre) with butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
3. Mix the Rye flour with flour, salt and baking soda.
4. Stir in the buttered milk and treacle. Stir carefully. Make sure not to whisk the mix to hard as the bread may go to chewy.
5. Pour the mix into the bread forms, fill up to 3/4 of the forms.
6. Bake in the lower part of the oven for 60 minutes.